Monday, January 10, 2011

Life Without God and the Pursuit of Happiness

Over the past few months, my mind has radically changed. I used to be the type of person that would defend the doctrine of Christianity at all costs. I felt as if I had obtained the perfect life for myself, and Jesus was the skipper of the ship. I could not see myself apart from God or religion.

For the past year and a half, I attended Greenville College. Upon arrival, I attempted to get involved in any activity that had to do with Jesus. I remember attending Campus Crusade for Christ with the intent of "receiving spiritual food." I thought that spiritual growth was beneficial for my existence. But all that seemed to change when I opened my mind to the evidence.


With all of that said, I am finding it reassuring to discover the nature of my new classes at Webster. Today was my first day, and I could instantly feel the relief of being free from the bondage of religion. Both of my classes dealt with consciousness and a wide assortment of philosophical topics. I do not wish to speak too early, but I truly think I found my identity. I am a philosopher.  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment