Thursday, June 7, 2012

Walking as Discovery

It is so ironic. Walking is so widespread. Most of us learn how to walk at a young age and we quickly get good at it. It then becomes impulsive; our strides become more and more refined with maturity, and it it eventually becomes second nature. We learn how to fall more gracefully.

Just like walking, some of us become so refined in living that we forget to take notice of our beautiful surroundings. We are flooded with the chaos of our particular circumstance, which results in our avoidance of any sort of mindful experience with the world. 

This is why I believe that hiking is a very delightful experience. It allows me to take in the beauty of life as I see it unfold. I also think that it teaches me to be mindful. I am really enjoying this discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment