Saturday, July 28, 2012

Affection Produces Perseverence

Gilgamesh and Enkidu fighting the monster Humbaba as told in the Epic of Gilgamesh (circa 1300-1000 BC).
My new job at Schnucks has taught me a lot about myself. In the middle of a slow day at the deli, when I am just about to go crazy as a result of boredom, I remember why I am working the job in the first place; I am working because of Toni. And this observation creates perseverance.

Perseverance to see to it that our goal is met.

I have always dreamed of moving out since I was about 16. Once I turned 18, I sort of put it into the back of my mind, focusing on paying for car insurance and my video game/musical equipment splurges.

I firmly believe in openly showing subtle affection to the one you love. Touch lets another person know of your presence, and creates a warm feeling inside the mind. A gentle brush of the hand; the soft balm of smooth skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment