Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Plans That Keep Me Going, Quite Frankly

There I sat, pondering John Keke's thoughts. "Happiness requires the satisfaction of many important wants," he said.

What do I want in my life? I focused on this question.

Well I do have plans... goals. 

What plans and goals?

To be... successful. 

That's what it seemed to come down to: I will be happy once I achieve the things I set out to achieve. 
The revelation must be true for every rational being, for what would we call such a person who achieves no product of intelligence process whatsoever? They cannot sustain happiness; this category of person leaves no trace of their personality to withstand time - he fails to induce any profound ripple upon the canvas of the universe. I find this quite depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment