Thursday, February 7, 2013

Meditations - Section 1

I do not think that following tradition for tradition's sake is healthy or helpful.

The only doctrine that I vow to practice is that of openness to knew ideas, no matter how absurd they may seem at first. It can then be judged thoughtfully.

The truths of the universe are somewhere within the universe and can be explained therein. There is no reason to think otherwise.

Freeing yourself, and sitting down and relaxing; leisure. It is essential for rejuvenating the mind and body. 

Much is learned from those who are better than me.

Condemnation is a powerful feeling to those who notice it. Things that are deleterious - I condemn them. Things that are positive - I promote them.

Everything is reducible to nature.

Honor my teachers; make them proud.

Solace is found within thoughts. It is that fantastic, far-away land.

 Noteworthy fiction is just as meaningful as superb non-fiction. The profound points of both are found within the implications.

Emotions are able to blind and make me stumble, but they also give me euphoria.

Reason is worth investigating. It seems to hold some objectivity.

I am a slave to my habits, a raindrop controlled by gravity.

I must always remember: "The universe was not made for me. Rather, I must adapt to the universe."

No comments:

Post a Comment