Friday, March 8, 2013

Vanity

Is it all in vain -
trying to change the way
society views ignorance?

I cannot let pass
those who simply challenge
loyal open mindedness.

The way of certainty,
how vast is their knowledge.
And me? I know nothing.

To say that you know
is to understand all things.
How appearances madden.

They admit that they
sit within the security
of great contentment.

This path I envy.
The contentment of
mind is complacent.

So on I will go
through the valley
of uncertain ones.

Here I will remain,
'til the universe
confesses itself.   


2 comments:

  1. I think you've got a major spelling error, partner. It takes away from your marvelous poem. Should line three be ignorance rather than ignornace?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pete for keeping me in check!

    ReplyDelete